With so many candidates all vying for the same opportunities, how do you stand out? Recruiters and Employers meet with dozens of candidates, most of whom are suitably qualified and capable of undertaking the role in question. The trick is to make sure YOU are the person they remember. Here are a few tips to help you be the ONE they remember – for all the right reasons!
1. Dress to Impress – Keep it professional, but add a touch of colour with a bold tie or eye- catching shoes
2. Make it Personal – Make sure you greet your interviewer(s) with a firm handshake and a positive greeting. “Hello John, I’m Jane, lovely to meet you”
3. Maintain Eye Contact – Resist the urge to look into the distance, the wall did not ask the question, the person sitting opposite did….. make sure you look directly at them when responding to questions.
4. Ask Relevant Questions – Show you are genuinely interested in the company, not just the perks of the job. It is always a good idea to have some questions prepared around the culture of the company, forward vision
5. Show that you want the job – Finish the interview on a positive note – let the interviewer know that you want this job! Try asking what the next step in the process would be or perhaps if there is additional information that he / she would need before making a decision.
How do YOU stand out?