It’s that time of the year where we begin to set goals for the upcoming New Year. We would passionately proclaim, “This is my year! I will lose weight!” or “I will find a job I love.” Then sometime around mid-January, that summer sun hits you. We go on holidays or find ourselves around a pool or on a beach sipping margaritas and enjoying time with our friends…you know, the usual necessary distractions.
How do you set goals and stick to them you ask! Find a quiet place and answer the following questions.
First: Review your long-term career goals.
Second: Review your list of goals for 2018. Of the ones that were accomplished:
- Did you take time to celebrate?
- What was the catalyst for achieving these goals?
Third: Of the ones that were not met:
- What challenges prevented you from meeting these goals?
- What’s one thing you could have done differently to get closer to meeting your goals?
- Were your goals visible?
- How frequently did you review your goals?
We hope these simple questions enlighten you to find your goals for 2019.
Happy goal setting !!