- Get up, dressed and showered at the same time. Just use that extra time to have a good breakfast and a morning cuppa.
- Dress appropriately. No need to wear a suit and tie – think Friday Office Casual. This means smart, clean clothes, hair & make-up for the ladies, and a shave or beard trim for the gents. NO PJs or fluffy slippers!
- Make sure your workspace is appropriate. Adequate light and fresh air are important for productivity.
- Keep a diary of log of your activities or items to follow up. Regular contact with your colleagues is still important. Try Skype or Go- To meetings to maintain the team feel.
- Set boundaries. Get out of your home office and go for a walk over a lunch break. Grab a coffee at the local café (they need your support too) and reset your mind. Equally important is to set a clear finish time to maintain that work/life balance.
These are unusual times, but they will not last forever. Be creative in your approach and make the most of the coming months. Who knows, you may even enjoy the change!