- Australian Company in Active Growth Mode
- Dynamic role in a great Location
- Excellent Salary & Benefits
Proudly servicing Australian Importers and Exporters for 10 years, having started in Melbourne, Arrow Transport has expanded its foot print across 4 sites in Victoria and has successfully expanded its service offering into the Ports of NSW and QLD.
Assisted with the support of a National Head Office and reporting directly to the MD, this is an opportunity to manage a State with an exceptional customer base, facilities, equipment and operational team with the aim to make this your own as you lead from the front.
With two divisions, Contract Logistics and Port Logistics, this is an excellent opportunity to mirror the successful state based management structure in place in the sister states with the introduction of this new role as the head of Port Logistics.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, your role will include:
- Ability to manage all Port related activities including Container, Quarantine and CFS Fumigation
- Work with Divisional Managers to achieve agreed budgets
- Work with the National Customer Service Manager and other Managers to Identify opportunities to consistently increase service standards and revenue growth.
- Efficient recruitment, resource planning and utilisation of personnel
- Monitor, implement, and follow policies and procedures to comply with Mass Management standards
- Manage and develop relationships with major customers (internal and external).
- Ensure that all operational expectations are not only met but exceeded.
- Ensure compliance with customs, and state/federal transport regulations.
To be successful in this role you will:
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Transport/Wharf/Cartage
- Strong working knowledge of Freight Management Systems
- Seasoned Management experience within Port Logistics
- Possesses solid I.T. and MS based understanding
- Excellent customer management and a strong work ethic
- Possesses strong commercial skills, a well-developed industry knowledge and network.
- A good communicator who builds rapport with various stakeholders and is a team player.
If you are full of energy and excited to take on a challenge with a business that is always moving forward, that is always looking at taking on the next growth opportunity, this could be for you.
An excellent salary including fully maintained vehicle is sure to please. An immediate start is available, so send your CV in Word format today and get ready for the next stage in your Transport Management career.
Arrow Group is committed to equity and diversity but can only consider candidates currently resident in and with the right to work permanently in Australia. Due to current international border closure, applicants not currently resident in Australia and those who are travelling on a Working Holiday Visa or who require sponsorship CANNOT be considered.