Unhappy with your job? Don’t let Covid-19 stop you from resigning!
How many of us have hated our job but found every reason why we could not quit? Most of us will have had provided our inner selves with perfectly logical reasons including:
- The timing is just not right
- The money is good
- It is close to home / the hours are good
- I’d have to start back at the bottom again
- Perhaps things will improve
Let’s just add another one to the list…. The Covid-19 Pandemic.
If you didn’t say “yep, that’s me” are you really being honest with yourself? We are skilled in the art of disguising an excuse for inaction as a valid reason. And so we press on…. And on…. And on.
If 2020 has taught us nothing else, it is the re-ordering of our priorities. We have come to realise that work should not define us but be the vehicle that enables us to be the best version of ourselves that we can be.
Looking through my Covid glass half full (of wine), let’s flip our reasons:
- Time is precious, why waste it?
- Money is not everything, we have learned to live comfortably with less
- Flexible hours and the ability to work from home offer new possibilities
- I might have to start again, but this ladder is taking me to a better career
- Things only improve when you do something to make them improve.
Finally, Covid will pass and from its ashes we can rise up, fulfilled, happy and fully engaged in our work and our lives. That bright burst of sunshine is coming… don’t waste another single day.