Maybe never before have competition for jobs been so fierce. When a single ad can have more than 500 applicants, when the phone rings, how do make sure YOU stand out?
Here are a few tips to help:
- Be Organised. Keep a list handy of the jobs you have applied for. Nothing puts a potential employer off side by having to explain what job they are calling you about!
- Be Flexible. Show your enthusiasm by keeping an open mind about an hourly rate or hours of work.
- Be Honest. Potential employers look at multiple candidates and expect you to have multiple applications current. If you are expecting an offer, let them know.
- Be Genuine. If you are not genuinely interested in the job advertised, don’t apply. Employers do not have the time to process applications from candidates just ticking the boxes to maintain Job Support payments.
- Be Ready. Just like you, businesses have been under enormous stress this year. They are just as eager to get the right people into their business as you are to start working.
2020 has tested the resilience of all of us. As we slowly unwind all the restrictions, hopefully we can all look forward to getting back on track to a productive and happier future.